Q: How do you tie great bows? I look at the catalogue and see perfect bows, but
A: There sure are some amazing bows out there! You are right — there are a couple of tricks. First of all, there are many ways to tie bows. I’ll share a quick tutorial below with one of my favourite bows! Second, knowing which types of ribbons work best with certain
Picking the right ribbon for your size and type of bow is important. Our lovely 1-1/4″ Striped Grosgrain Ribbon is ideal for bows on 3-D items, décor, and gifts. It can be used to make bows on cards that you intend to hand deliver, but is too bulky for standard mailing.
There are many different ways to tie bows. Some are basic bows like what you tie in your shoelaces, while some fancy bows can have double or triple loops. Some bows use a brad to hold the ribbon in place instead of a knot and other bows are tied around something,
It always gets “oh’s, ahh’s, and wows”! Book a workshop with me this fall and we can plan to include some great bows in the demonstrations and make ‘n’ takes. You and your friends will love knowing how to make a variety of bows for cards, scrapbooks, crafting, and even
Elegant Bow Tutorial
To create an Elegant Bow, you will need a 5″ and a 2″ strip of ribbon.
1. Lay a 5″ piece of ribbon out flat. Add a dab of SNAIL to the center.
2. Fold in the right end of the ribbon and adhere to SNAIL. Add a dab of SNAIL on top of the ribbon end.
3. Fold in the left end of the ribbon and adhere to SNAIL. Add a dab of SNAIL on top of the ribbon end.
4. Place one end of a 2″ piece of ribbon over the center of the folded ribbon creating
5. Wrap 2″ piece of ribbon around the folded ribbon until it overlaps and adheres to itself.
6. Trim off excess ribbon.
7. The Elegant Bow is complete. Press it flat or push the ends gently to puff it up a bit based on your preference. Adhere the elegant bow to your project alone or layered on a strip of ribbon.
I hope you enjoy creating the Elegant Bow. I’d love to teach you and your friends a whole variety of bows, tips, and tricks that will really add that extra-special touch to your cards, scrapbooks, décor, and other crafting projects. Contact me today to book your workshop
|© CraftyPerson Production. Images © Stampin’ Up!|